Recipe by Audrey M
An easy clean up meal.
Top Review by CaTo
This is my new favorite meal! So easy and healthy too. I substituted plum tomatoes for the Roma, and baked the foil packet at 375 for 25 minutes. It came out perfectly. I also love how easy it is to reduce or increase the servings with this recipe, since each serving uses exactly 1 zucchini and 2 tomatoes...what could be better?
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 roma tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 small zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup premade basil pesto
Directions See How It's Made
- Place 1 chicken breast half, 2 sliced tomatoes and 1 sliced zucchini in each packet.
- Spoon 2 Tablespoons of basil pesto over each chicken.
- You can use 8 18 x 12 inch sheets of heavy duty foil if you don't want to purchase the foil packets.
- Make sure you double fold ends by folding 1/2 inch and then repeating the 1/2 inch fold.
- Remember to leave space on sides for circulation and expansion.
- Cover and grill packets 4 to 5 inches from medium heat.
- Cook 20 to 25 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink.
- To serve, cut a large"X" across top of packet to let steam escape.
- This also can be cooked in a 375 degree oven for 25 minutes or until juices run clear.