Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Source: Hershey's Website
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's special dark cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- powdered sugar
CHERRY WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup maraschino cherry, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease and flour 12-cup fluted tube pan.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, almond and vanilla extracts; beat well.
- Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- For the Cherry Whipped Cream, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, almond extract and vanilla extract until stiff. Stir in chopped maraschino cherries.
- Sift cake with powdered sugar and serve with Cherry Whipped Cream.