1 hr 5 mins
There's just something about homemade chicken noodle soup! It's comforting, warming, and if you have the sniffles,the aromatics in it may even just help you breathe better. I love this soup and I love making it. I make mine with the ingredients my family likes, so feel free to leave some of the ingredients out, or add some of your own personal ingredients. I love tarragon, and love it in my chicken noodle soup, but if you don't like it, by all means leave it out. *Adding the uncooked noodles to the soup will give the broth a little body. If you want your soup to be more on the brothy side, cook the noodles per instructions, then add them to the soup. **When making soups that contain any type of pasta, the pasta will absorb a lot of the broth, so as in this recipe, you may or may not need extra broth. All of the seasonings here can and should be, to taste, so taste your soup throught the cooking process. You may use leftover turkey if you have it. I have left out salt in the ingredient list. Bouillon is very salty, so make sure you taste before adding any salt. Please use white pepper if possible, it really makes a difference! recipe, I like to juilenne my veggies, or cut them on the bias, (diagonal). You may choose to simply chop them, which is just fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil or 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 onion, sliced thin (or chopped)
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 2 stalks celery, peeled and sliced thinly (tops included if you have any)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken, broth**
- 1 -1 1/2 teaspoon chicken base (can use 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- white pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 6 -8 ounces eggs, noodles***
- 1 sprig Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1Melt the butter and oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over med. heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery, and sweat(cook) the veggies until they're limp, about 5 minutes. Add in the poultry seasoning,white pepper, tarragon, if using, and coriander.
- 2Add the broth or stock and chicken bouillon. Simmer over low to medium heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. ***Add in the noodles, either cooked or uncooked. If adding in uncooked, cook for 7-8 minutes, or per package instructions.
- 3Add in the chicken, stir, and check your seasonings.
- 4Ladle into bowls and top with parsley.
- 5Serve with crunchy french bread.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fluffster's Absolute Best Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.9
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 254.4 mg
- Sodium 226.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 44.1 g