I wanted to invite a gluten-free friend over for Cinco de Mayo and found this recipe for gluten-free tortillas from a celiac website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First mix all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- 2Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- 3Pour 1/3 a cup of the mixture into a good nonstick medium sized frying pan (I have also made these on a griddle but that requires picking up the griddle and tilting it to make larger rounds). Tilt the pan in alternating directions to cover the bottom of the pan.
- 4Cook on medium-high heat until the edges begin to pull up from the pan. You will need to pull up on the edge (fingers work better than a spatula - but be careful) and flip the tortilla. If the tortilla breaks try cooking it longer before flipping or you may need to use non-stick spray on the pan.
- 5Flip the tortilla ever 2 minutes or so until it puffs up like a balloon. After each tortilla you will need to let the pan cool down a little before starting the next one(Otherwise you get holes in the tortillas - you can use 3 pans and alternate between them).
- 6Let the tortillas cool for 10 minutes or so and they will become flimsy.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Flour Tortillas (Gluten-Free)
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.0
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 63.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: