1 hr 20 mins
Carmen B.'s Note:
I have only made this once, but remember how good it tasted. Serve with a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (284 g) package fresh spinach, rinsed and stems removed
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg, seperated
- 250 g thinly sliced cooked ham or 250 g turkey (OR a combo of both)
- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (300 g) package sliced swiss cheese or 1 (325 g) package thinly sliced old cheddar cheese
- 1 can mushroom, drained
- 1Preheat oven to 375*.
- 2In a large skillet saute onions in butter until soft.
- 3Add garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- 4Add spanach, cover and cook just until spinach wilts.
- 5Drain very well and set aside.
- 6Whisk together 3 eggs and 1 egg white.
- 7Line a 9" pie plate with pastry.
- 8Layer half the meat,red pepper,cheese, and spinach; cover with half the egg mixture.
- 9Repeat layers ending with beaten egg.
- 10Cover with pastry,seal, and crimp edges.
- 11Brush top with remaining egg yolk blended with a bit of water; slit surface.
- 12Bake pie on cookie sheet 45 to 60 min.
- 13or until golden brown.
- 14Serve warm or cool.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Florentine Multi-Layered Pie
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.9
- Calories from Fat 420
- Total Fat 46.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.8 g
- Cholesterol 231.2 mg
- Sodium 532.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 34.8 g