Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Italian Aromas cookbook
Make and share this Florentine Cream of Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup instant rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh spinach, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- In a large pan, heat the oil and lightly saute the onions and celery. Add the garlic, tomatoes, chicken stock, rice and basil. Season and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- With a food processor, puree the mixture until smooth and return to pan. If necessary, thicken by adding cornstarch diluted in water. Keep warm.
- A few minutes before ready to serve, add the spinach and stir until just wilted. Add sour cream and heat until warmed through.