Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy, crunchy and savory ... I love this casserole. From recipelion.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 5 ounces egg noodles, cooked & drained
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 8 ounces water chestnuts, drained
- 2 ounces pimentos, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 chicken breasts, cooked & chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in the flour, add milk and chicken broth, cooking until thickened.
- Mix in noodles, sour cream, lemon juice, spinach, mushrooms, water chestnuts, pimiento, onion, celery and seasoned salt.
- In a greased 4-quart baking dish, alternate layers of noodle mixture and chicken. Top with grated cheese and bake for 30 minutes.