Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
This is great on a cold day! We always serve this dish with baked potatoes.
Make and share this Flemish Carbonade (Beer Meat) recipe from Food.com.
- Cut meat into 1" cubes.
- Melt some fat from meat in skillet, throw rest of fat away. Brown meat on both sides for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- Cook oleo and onions until golden.
- Put meat into casserole, then onions. Add seasoning and herbs. Pour in beer, stir, then add cornstarch dissolved in broth, and sugar.
- Bring to boil, stirring, then pour liquid over meat in casserole.
- Cover and bake at 300 for 2 hours.