Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe on Hodgson Mill website and then made a few alterations. They've been a big hit so far
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup organic sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly coat cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl stir together first four ingredients.
- In mixing bowl cream together vegetable oil, applesauce, peanut butter, flax seed, sugars, egg, and water until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until thick dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on cookie sheet 3 inches apart.
- Use a fork dipped in flour to flatten creating a criss cross pattern.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 9 - 11 minutes.
Very good tasting cookies, but a bit dry. put milk in instead of water, maybe that was the problem, but next time will put 2-3 more tbsp of milk. Thanks for the recipe!