Recipe by Hey Jude
Onion and bleu cheese lovers, this is a decadent treat! This makes a lot, I usually cut down the recipe a bit unless I'm having guests.
- 2 lbs onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 large flour tortillas (not the super size, not the 7-inch, the size in-between)
- 3⁄4 lb milk gorgonzola, in little pieces
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup shredded basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions in butter in a large skillet for about 10 minutes, or until wilted.
- Sprinkle with sugar, salt and pepper and continue to cook for 20-30 minutes until browned and tender.
- Place tortillas in a single layer in a preheated 375°F oven directly on oven racks until crispy and lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Place tortillas on baking sheets in a single layer.
- Spread tortillas with onions and dot with Gorgonzola.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and rosemary.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with basil.
- Cool one minute.
- Cut each into 8 wedges with a pizza cutter.