Recipe by Oolala
Marge Perry, a regular contributor to Food, gets the credit for this recipe I got in the newspaper. This is prepared in a skillet and there is no marinating. Very quick and easy.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine butter, 1/4 teaspoons salt, tarragon, and lemon rind in a bowl.
- Stir vigourously with a fork.
- Coat a cast iron skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle steak with remaining salt and pepper and cook for 5-7 minutes per side, depending on thickness and desired degree of doneness.
- Let steak rest 3-5 minutes on a carving board then cut across on the diagonal, into thin strips.
- Drizzle meat with the butter and serve.