Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
My family loves this! The combination of meat, marinade, cheese, and veggies tastes great and looks like you slaved for hours! You can change the ingredients to suit your taste and your diet. A great way to get kids to eat veggies!
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 cup chopped onions or 1⁄8 cup shallot
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 cups raw spinach or 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1⁄3 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄3 cup roasted red pepper (sold bottled)
- 1⁄8 cup garlic butter (optional)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb flank steak
- In a large ziploc bag, mix marinade ingredients together thoroughly.
- I have also used bottled steak marinade if necessary.
- Flatten the flank steak on a cutting board and pound flat with a meat mallet or the bottom of a glass.
- Add meat to marinade and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove steak from marinade and spread garlic butter (if using) over the flat side of the steak. Layer chopped onion, bread crumbs, red peppers, spinach leaves, and cheese.
- Roll the steak up like a jelly roll and tie with string or close with toothpicks.
- Place the roll in a greased baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 1/2 hour rare, 45 minutes for medium, and 1 hour for well done. Let stand 10 minutes, then slice into 1 inch slices to serve.
- I have also used garlic herb cream cheese in place of the shredded cheese and butter.
I made this recipe however made a few modifications due to what I had available on my fridge. Basically the stuffing you make for the inside can be a mixture of veggies of your choice. I saut
This is one for the record books - No lie! I didnt have any red wine so i omitted it. Instead of jar-roasted red peppers I used a 1/3 of a freash roasted red pepper, diced up. I also added juilien cut sun dried tomatoes. I marinated the flank steak for about an hour, stuffed & tied it, wrapped it up and put it in the fridge overnight to cook the next day. Let me recommend the Low-Sodium Soy Sauce because Soy Sauce is rediculously high in sodium. This meal was Ah-Mazingly Crrrazy delicious!
(Rating is for Marinade Only!)- This was really good!! The marinade was so easy to make and when I went to pull the flank steak out of the bag, it smelled Heavenly! Too bad I made it into pinwheels (I used a different recipe for the filling) because the filling overpowered the meat. Next time, I will just marinate it and cook it as is since the marinade was so tasty! Thanks so much!