Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Tapas, my idea of a good brunch. Posted for ZWT3
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 small red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (7 ounce) can canned corn kernels, drained
- 4 eggs
- cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. Add peppers and cook 10 minutes longer. Stir in tomatoes and parsley, season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper. Cook 5 minutes longer. Stir in corn kernels and remove the skillet from heat.
- Divide the mixture between 4 individual ovenproof dishes. Make a hollow in the surface of each using the back of a spoon. Break an egg into each depression.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until the eggs have set. Serve hot.
What a lovely combination of flavours. The only problem I had was for my personal taste, at 10 minutes the yolk was perfect but the whites were still too soft. I gave it a couple more minutes and the yolk was a bit too set. That said, it still tasted great. A soft yolk over the veg would be better though. I did talke a picture and the battery went dead immediately. I am not sure if it actually got the pic. If there is anything there I will post it later. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for ZWT5.
Gosh, a different and charming way to do eggs! Easily prepared and striking visually! Easily spiced up or down according to individual taste. I made this for my DHs brunch and he enjoyed the change of pace! Thanks for a lovely recipe, Julie! Made for ZWT5