photo by rickv
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces bacon or 4 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 8 ounces chorizo sausage, diced (The hard, dried type)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 lbs tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 extra large eggs
- salt, Paprika, Black Pepper, and Cayenne Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F, Warm four individual baking dishes, (Twelve to fourteen ounce dishes work best).
- Heat olive oil in frying pan and fry bacon/pancetta and chorizo over medium high heat until most of the oil is rendered out of the chorizo, remove about 3/4 fo the oil.
- Add onion and garlic, cook, stirring, until the onion is softened and translucent.
- Reduce heat, and add the bell peppers, sherry, and spices. Cook until softened. Correct the seasoning if necessary.
- Using a slotted spoon, divide amongst the baking dishes evenly, and divide the chopped parsley on top of them. In a small dish, break one of the eggs, swirl with a fork, (Do not beat the egg, just slightly mix the white and the yolk.) Pour egg over top of one serving dish. Repeat with the other three eggs and serving dishes.
- Bake the dishes 8 to 12 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Remove from oven carefully (It will be hot), garnish with the Migas, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!