Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was submitted by my friend Joy Lavin-Jones, for the Cal Fish and Game, Wild and Wonderful Recipes II. The added crunchiness comes from the corn flakes.
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, softened or 1 1⁄4 cups margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cream until well blended.
- Stir in eggs and mix well.
- Combine baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Fold into sugar-butter mixture.
- Stir in vanilla, raisins, oats, corn flakes, coconut and walnuts. Blend well.
- Scoop out balls of cookie dough with an ice cream scoop or tablespoon onto cookie sheets.
- Flatten each scoop slightly with palm or glass.
- Bake at 350° for 13-15 minutes.
Great cookies - easy and great taste is a wonderful combination when it comes to cookies! The recipe very similiar to one I had go missing years and years ago - so pleased to have found one that brings back so many memories. Didn't have the full amount of raisins on hand - other than that made as posted. Perfect cookies for coffee time and cookies I know the teenager and his brother will love. Thank you and thank your friend for sharing!
All the guys here give this a thumbs up! I followed the recipe and even added mini chocolate chips to the dough. I'll be making these again. I should note I used regular oats instead of quick cooking - personal preference. Thanks for sharing! Made for the June 2009 Aussie/NZ recipe swap.
I was a little worried with the small amount of flour used for these cookies, and looking at the batter, it was dark like peanut brittle. But my worries were over once they were done. they came out perfectly. They have a little of everything in them, like a breakfast bar. I used sliced almonds for the nuts. Thanks for sharing this nice cookie recipe. -Bird-