Recipe by hollyfrolly
Cindy from Hungry Girl Por Vida "puts a fizzy twist on a classic holiday punch". Recipe found on bettycrocker.com and hungrygirlporvida.com. (She makes the yummiest looking recipes!)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle ginger beer
- 1 1⁄2 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup soda water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 -4 dashes aromatic bitters
- 1⁄2-1 cup gin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup ginger syrup
- grated orange peel or orange slice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, heat 1/2 cup sugar, water and chopped gingerroot over high heat to boil. Boil for 1 minute to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Cool Completely, about 20 minutes. Strain out ginger pieces. Pour ginger into glass jar.
- In a food processor, place sugar for rim ingredients. Process with on and off pulses until combined. Spread in shallow dish.
- In carafe or pitcher, place all punch ingredients except ice and orange slices, adding gin and ginger syrup to taste; stir to combine.
- To serve, dip each drinking glass rim into water or wipe with orange wedge: dip into sugar for rim to coat. Fill glasses with ice; pour punch into glasses. Garnish each with orange peel.