Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Make and share this Five Meat Chili Con Carne With Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb beef, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb pork, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb lamb, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 (48 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapeno peppers, roasted seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans (optional)
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot brown meat in stages, about a 1/4 at a time.
- Remove meat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent.
- Return meat to the pot, add the tomato juice, and 1/2 the spices.
- Cook about 1 hour and add the tomato sauce and the rest of the spices.
- Let simmer about 2 hours; add the beans and simmer about 30 more minutes, then enjoy.
- I like mine served with corn bread and grated cheddar cheese.
This was a delicious blend of meat and spices. It had just enough spice so that it did not overpower all of the other ingredients. Fabulous.