1/2 Photos of Fish Steak With Tomato Chili Butter
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
The Flying Chef's Note:
I just made this for 2 as part of a 3 course meal I did for my hubby and I the other night. The butter is enough for 3 people but it is hard to roll into shape if I make with any less, the butter will keep in the fridge, if you wanted to make this for 4, just up the ingredients slightly. I just served mine over some wilted spinach as we had a starter and a dessert, so if making as a main meal without the other courses, I would recommend serving some wild rice or potato or even crusty bread to give some more sustenance to the meal. Prep time includes marinating time, but not the time to soften butter and reset.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 blue marlin steaks (I think swordfish or tuna would work as well)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 lime, juice of
Tomato Chili Butter
See Note Above
- 1Combine fish with rind and juice in a bowl, cover, refrigerate about 1 hour.
- 2Drain fish, discard marinade. Cook fish on an oiled grill plate or in a fry pan or BBQ. Until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- 3Tomato Chili Butter.
- 4Allow butter to come to room temperature. Beat butter in a bowl until light and fluffy, stir in remaining ingredients.
- 5Spoon mixture onto a piece of foil, roll up firmly, shape into a log, freeze or refrigerate until firm.
- 6Serve fish topped with chili butter.
- 7I took a photo of the butter atop fish, but it takes quite awhile to melt, so I either, place fish under grill to melt or zap quickly, about 30 secs in the microwave to melt completely.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Steak With Tomato Chili Butter
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.3
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 20.4 g
- Cholesterol 85.4 mg
- Sodium 273.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 0.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: