Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just made this for 2 as part of a 3 course meal I did for my hubby and I the other night. The butter is enough for 3 people but it is hard to roll into shape if I make with any less, the butter will keep in the fridge, if you wanted to make this for 4, just up the ingredients slightly. I just served mine over some wilted spinach as we had a starter and a dessert, so if making as a main meal without the other courses, I would recommend serving some wild rice or potato or even crusty bread to give some more sustenance to the meal. Prep time includes marinating time, but not the time to soften butter and reset.
- 2 blue marlin steaks (I think swordfish or tuna would work as well)
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime rind
- 1 lime, juice of
Tomato Chili Butter
See Note Above
- 80 g butter
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Combine fish with rind and juice in a bowl, cover, refrigerate about 1 hour.
- Drain fish, discard marinade. Cook fish on an oiled grill plate or in a fry pan or BBQ. Until browned on both sides and cooked through.
- Tomato Chili Butter.
- Allow butter to come to room temperature. Beat butter in a bowl until light and fluffy, stir in remaining ingredients.
- Spoon mixture onto a piece of foil, roll up firmly, shape into a log, freeze or refrigerate until firm.
- Serve fish topped with chili butter.
- I took a photo of the butter atop fish, but it takes quite awhile to melt, so I either, place fish under grill to melt or zap quickly, about 30 secs in the microwave to melt completely.