Grilled Mozzarella and Tomato Skewers
photo by lisalouk01
- Ready In:
- Cut mozzarella in half, then into eight 3/4" slices.
- Place ingredients on the skewers in the following order: bread, tomato, basil, mozzarella, tomato, basil, mozzarella and bread. Set aside while you make the sauce.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients (everything following the skewers) together in a saucepan and warm for 1-2 minutes before serving. You don't want the tomatoes to break down, but rather just to be warmed.
- Brush the skewered mozzarella and tomato with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill over high heat on both sides until the bread is lightly toasted and the cheese begins to melt, about 30-45 seconds per side.
- Spoon the sauce onto 4 warm dinner plates. Set the skewers neatly on top of the sauce, slide out the skewers and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
When I was little, I wanted to grow up to be a chef. I grew up to be a doctor instead, but I still love to cook and eat! I especially love recipes that make use of fresh vegetables. <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">