Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Had this in my notes for halibut or flounder. I think a nice white wine and crusty bread with a steamed veggis and rice would go well with this.
- 4 (8 ounce) halibut steaks or 4 (8 ounce) flounder fillets
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Wash fish and pat dry.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in large, heavy skillet which is preferably non-stick. Add fish and saute over medium-high heat until fish is lightly browned but not quite cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer fish to a warm serving plate and cover with foil.
- Add remaining butter to skillet and sdd onion and garlic and saute until tender. Add cream and wine and cook for a few minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in the tomatoes and saute over high heat a minute or so, just until tomatoes soften; add the chives and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Return the fish, and any juices from the plate, to the pan and baste fish briefly with the sauce.
- Arrange on a serving plate and spoon sauce over each piece of fish and serve.