Fish Fillets in Tomato Cream
- Wash fish and pat dry.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in large, heavy skillet which is preferably non-stick. Add fish and saute over medium-high heat until fish is lightly browned but not quite cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer fish to a warm serving plate and cover with foil.
- Add remaining butter to skillet and sdd onion and garlic and saute until tender. Add cream and wine and cook for a few minutes until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in the tomatoes and saute over high heat a minute or so, just until tomatoes soften; add the chives and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Return the fish, and any juices from the plate, to the pan and baste fish briefly with the sauce.
- Arrange on a serving plate and spoon sauce over each piece of fish and serve.