Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Great for parties and as finger food. =)
- 150 g fish fillets, steamed &,flaked
- 2 potatoes, boiled &,mashed
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil (for frying)
- Mix the fish, potato and salt in a bowl.
- Divide the mixture into six portions.
- Shape firmly into round balls and flatten lightly between palms.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Dip cutlets into beaten egg and fry them on each side until golden brown.
- Drain off excess oil on kitchen towel and serve.
- For spicy cutlets, add about 1 teaspoon or curry powder to the mixture.
- You may also bake or grill the cutlets without coating them with egg.