1/4 Photos of Fish Cakes
Nice taste, especially with Green Goddess Sauce. from B H & G low cal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces fresh skinless white fish fillets or 12 ounces frozen skinless white fish fillets (such as haddock or cod)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise or 4 teaspoons salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- green goddess sauce (in 'zaar)
- chives (optional)
- 1thaw fish, if frozen, rinse fish, pat dry with paper towels.
- 2Cut fish into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 3Set aside.
- 4In a medium bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, onion, mayonnaise or dressing, mustard, parsley, lime zest and salt.
- 5Add fish, mix well.
- 6Shape into 1/2 inch thick patties.
- 7Coat both sides of the fish patties with cornmeal.
- 8In a large nonstick frypan or on a nonstick griddle heat oil over medium heat.
- 9Add half the fish cakes.
- 10Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, gently turning once.
- 11Remove from frypan.
- 12Repeat with remaining cakes.
- 13Serve with Green Goddess Sauce.
- 14If desired garnish with fresh chives.
Browse Our Top British Columbian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 185.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 112.0 mg
- Sodium 315.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: