Nice taste, especially with Green Goddess Sauce. from B H & G low cal
Make and share this Fish Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces fresh skinless white fish fillets or 12 ounces frozen skinless white fish fillets (such as haddock or cod)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 4 teaspoons light mayonnaise or 4 teaspoons salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- green goddess sauce (in 'zaar)
- chives (optional)
- thaw fish, if frozen, rinse fish, pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut fish into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, onion, mayonnaise or dressing, mustard, parsley, lime zest and salt.
- Add fish, mix well.
- Shape into 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Coat both sides of the fish patties with cornmeal.
- In a large nonstick frypan or on a nonstick griddle heat oil over medium heat.
- Add half the fish cakes.
- Cook for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, gently turning once.
- Remove from frypan.
- Repeat with remaining cakes.
- Serve with Green Goddess Sauce.
- If desired garnish with fresh chives.