Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion (, about 1 small)
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb red snapper, cut into 1-inch pieces (or other lean fish fillets)
- Heat water, onion, potato and frozen spinach to boiling in Dutch oven; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes; break up spinach.
- Cover and simmer about 5 minutes longer or until potato is crisp-tender; drain.
- Reserve vegetables.
- Heat margarine in Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg; remove from heat.
- Stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in fish and vegetables.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Serve with freshly ground pepper and lemon wedges if desired.