Recipe by BecR
Crisp coated fish fillets atop a bed of mashed potatoes, chopped spinach, and sour cream. Delicious! From BH&G All-Time Favorite Recipes Cookbook.
Top Review by Deb G
Wow! DH and I totally enjoyed this! I omitted the herb stuffing mix---just drizzled the butter on the salted fillets. I did also add a little salt to the spinach when I cooked it. I would have never thought of mixing spinach and mashed potatoes together, but I'm glad someone did and that you posted it here! We will definitely be having this often.
- packaged instant mashed potatoes (enough for 4 servings)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well-drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen perch fillets, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- lemon slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare potatoes according to package directions, except reduce water by 1/4 cup.
- Stir in well-drained spinach (be sure to drain well!), sour cream, and pepper. Turn into a 10x6x2-inch baking dish.
- Skin fish fillets. Dip one side of each fillet in milk, then in crushed stuffing mix. Fold fillets in half, coating side out.
- Place atop potato mixture; drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees till fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Serve with lemon slices.
- Makes 4 or 5 servings.