1/2 Photos of Fish and Chip Bake With Spinach and Sour Cream
Crisp coated fish fillets atop a bed of mashed potatoes, chopped spinach, and sour cream. Delicious! From BH&G All-Time Favorite Recipes Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- packaged instant mashed potatoes (enough for 4 servings)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well-drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen perch fillets, thawed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup herb seasoned stuffing mix, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- lemon slice
- 1Prepare potatoes according to package directions, except reduce water by 1/4 cup.
- 2Stir in well-drained spinach (be sure to drain well!), sour cream, and pepper. Turn into a 10x6x2-inch baking dish.
- 3Skin fish fillets. Dip one side of each fillet in milk, then in crushed stuffing mix. Fold fillets in half, coating side out.
- 4Place atop potato mixture; drizzle with melted butter.
- 5Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees till fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, 30 to 35 minutes.
- 6Serve with lemon slices.
- 7Makes 4 or 5 servings.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fish and Chip Bake With Spinach and Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.2
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 132.9 mg
- Sodium 187.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 26.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
herb seasoned stuffing mix