Recipe by wjorma
One of our favorites on the Labor Day menu. No mayo in this one but sone 'pena for a bite add more if desired for more fire
- 5 large yukon gold potatoes
- 1 large cucumber, chopped & seeded
- 5 stalks celery, chopped & strings removed
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3⁄4 cup pimento stuffed olive, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low, and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and cool, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Combine the potatoes, cucumber, celery, onion,jalapeno and olives in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and garlic powder in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the potatoes and vegetables; mix well. Season with salt and pepper, then chill. Stir the potato salad again before serving.