Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We make this verde at the Firehouse. Everybody loves it no matter what fire station you're at and with what crew. It's a tradition to make GREAT CHILI VERDE in the FIREHOUSE and this is the one. ENJOY!
- 3 lbs pork roast
- 10 anaheim chilies (roasted, peeled, deseeded and deveined)
- 2 jalapenos (roasted, peeled, deseeded and deveined)
- 2 poblano peppers (roasted, peeled, deseeded and deveined)
- 1 serrano pepper (roasted, peeled, deseeded and deveined)
- 3 tomatillos
- 1 yellow onion (Diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- flour, for pork
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Cube pork and dredge it lightly with salt and peppered flour. Brown pork in large pot with olive oil. Add diced yellow onions and garlic to pot. Simmer uncovered until onions are translucent.
- Add roasted, peeled, deseeded and deveined Anaheim chilies, jalapeños, Poblanos, tomatillos and Serrano peppers to food processor and pulse. Take pepper mixture and add to pot with pork.
- Add cumin and chicken broth then stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Let chili Verde cook uncovered for 4 hours; stirring lightly and occasionally.