Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Get authentic Southwest flavors with flank steak marinated with Grill Mates Southwest Marinade. Serve with fajita toppings, such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, shredded cheese and chopped tomatoes.
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) packagemccormick grill mates southwest marinade
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas (burrito-size)
- salsa (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade mix, oil, lime juice and water in small bowl. Pierce meat with fork. Place meat and vegetables in seperate large resealable plastic bags or glass dishes. Add 2 tablespoons of the marinade to vegetables. Add remaining marinade to meat; turn to coat well.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove meat and vegetables from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- For steak, broil or grill over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness. For chicken, broil or grill over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Place vegetables in heated skillet or grill pan. Saute vegetables over medium-high heat until tender.
- Cut meat across the grain into thin slices. Spoon meat and vegetables into warm tortillas. Serve with assorted toppings, if desired.