Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
If you like spice, then try this ham, not only is is easy to make it's very good! If you are not a garlic-lover then omit the garlic powder. Cooking time is for a 6 pound ham or a little smaller, if you are using a larger ham then double the jelly mixture and adjust cooking time, or use two 6-pound hams.
- 1 (6 lb) bone-in ham, half (use a fully-cooked smoked ham)
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper jelly
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease a shallow baking dish.
- Trim any excess fat on the ham, then score the outside in a diamond pattern.
- Place the ham on prepared pan.
- In a bowl combine the jelly with all remaining ingredients; whisk until well blended.
- Brush about 1/3 of the mixture over the ham.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325 (do not remove the ham from the oven) bake for an additional 45-50 minutes, basting the ham with jelly mixture about every 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer the ham to a serving platter.
- Let stand about 10-15 minutes before slicing.