Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was on Good Morning America and I have made it about a dozen times since because all of my friends keep requesting it! It is really good! Best grilled wings ever!
- 1 habaneros or 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 7 lbs chicken wings
- In a food processor, blend together all the ingredients but the chicken until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of marinade.
- Place chicken wings into a large resealable plastic bag and pour marinade over them. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator 4 to 6 hours (even overnight).
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Remove wings from marinade. Arrange wings on grill and brown 5 minutes -- then turn and brown the other side, about 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan bring reserved marinade to a boil. Reduce by 1/3 until it thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- When wings are golden brown, brush them with the glaze.
- Put the wings on a cooler part of the grill, cover and cook until cooked through, another 15 to 20 minutes.
I love this! I didn't have a lime though, so I subbed a lemon...very good but I'm definitely making it again with lime because I think that would compliment the spices very well. UPDATE: decided to try with blsl breasts in crocpkot...very tender and very good!