Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This light and well-seasoned recipe contains more than 20% of your dietary reference intake (DRI) of iron.
- 453.59 g broccoli rabe, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 226.79 g uncooked fiori pasta or 226.79 g fusilli
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 leek, rinsed and sliced into half moons
- 226.79 g chicken cutlets, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3.69 ml salt, divided
- 3.69 ml fresh ground black pepper, divided
- 236.59 ml low sodium chicken broth
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 78.07 ml freshly grated pecorino romano cheese
- 14.79 ml freshly chopped marjoram
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Immerse broccoli rabe in water 1 minute or until bright green. Remove with slotted spoon; place in a towel to keep warm. Cover pot; bring water back to a boil.
- Add pasta, and cook 12 minutes or until al dente. Meanwhile heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add olive oil, garlic, and leek. Cook 2-3 minutes or until just golden brown. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Raise heat to high, and add chicken. Cook 2-3 minutes or until well-browned. Add broccoli rabe, chicken stock, crushed red pepper, and remaining salt and pepper. Cook chicken and vegetables 6 minutes or until tender and liquid has reduced by half. Drain pasta; transfer to serving dish. Top pasta with sauce; add cheese and marjoram, and toss to combine.
This was lovely. I used a little too much chicken stock and discovered this would also make a lovely soup with the type of pasta used. I loved the leek and garlic in this too. Thanks for a delicious meal.