Recipe by Elmotoo
"Soup is good food" I found this for the World Tour. Serve this with freshly-baked Finnish Rye Bread and some cheese for a nice lunch.
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
This worked well both for my BF and me. Fresh dill put it over the top. We used low-fat milk and light cream. Instead of 1 cup milk we subbed 1 cup broth. BF ate some leftovers, a sure sign of a great recipe!
- 473.18 ml water
- 2 small carrots, sliced
- 1 medium potato, cubed
- 177.44 ml fresh green peas or 177.44 ml frozen green pea
- 236.59 ml cut fresh green beans or 236.59 ml frozen green beans
- 0 small cauliflower, separated into florets
- 56.69 g fresh spinach, cut up (2 cups)
- 473.18 ml milk
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.14 ml whipping cream
- 7.39 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml snipped dill weed or 29.58 ml parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat water, carrots, potato, peas, beans and cauliflower to boiling in 3-quart saucepan; reduce heat. Cover and simmer until vegetables are almost tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook uncovered about 1 minute. Mix 1/4 cup of the milk and the flour; stir gradually into vegetable mixture. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in remaining milk, the whipping cream, salt and pepper. Heat just until hot. Garnish each serving with dill weed.