1/3 Photos of Finger-Lickin' Knuckle-Suckin' Chin-Drippin' Good BBQ Sauce
3 hrs 10 mins
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe when I was just a bride. I make two batches a year to keep up with supply & demand! The kids love this on sandwiches, burgers, brats, hotdogs, grilled cheese, fries, cake (okay, just checkin'!!!). One institutional size can of ketchup will yield 8 cups.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix and cook in a large roaster pan in oven at 325 degrees for several hours until thickened to your liking.
- 2Hot pack into pint jars; seal with hot lids and rings.
- 3Set jars upside-down on a thick towel for 15 minutes (set the timer); then put right-side up.
- 4As the jars cool, you'll hear some *kitchen music* which means they've sealed nicely.
- 5Store in a cool dark cellar or cupboard.
- 6NOTE: This is the base for my chicken barbecue sauce recipe which calls for 1/2 cup bbq sauce, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce--to DIE FOR!
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Finger-Lickin' Knuckle-Suckin' Chin-Drippin' Good BBQ Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (4616 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.4
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2870.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 123.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g