Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a rich and satisfying dish that can be made totally vegetarian, or with chicken if you prefer not to use the tofu. There is a lot of starch in this (corn, beans, potatoes, and rice) so it will stick with you, if you don't like such a heavy soup add 1 to 2 cups veggie broth and omit the rice.
- 1 quart pacific buttery sweet corn soup
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 14 ounces navy beans, drained
- 8 ounces roasted firm tofu, diced
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup left over rice
- 2 cups red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2 garlic cloves
- Heat oil in a 2 or 3 qt pot over medium heat.
- Warm onions and carrots until they are soft.
- Add garlic, frozen corn and beans and heat until all are warm.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minute.