Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe I have made several times with great results. Taking thick boneless chicken breasts and slicing each in half, creating 2 slices from one chicken breast fillet. Than take a kitchen utensil meat tenderizer/pounder and tenderize each fillet on a cutting board or counter top. Making sure to wash counter or cutting board after using with hot soapy water and hot rinse water after preparing the raw meat. The chicken breast comes out so tender and moist after baking. Can use the fillets in a sandwich or as a main meat at dinner. We love these as a chicken fillet sandwich with lettuce, tomato and onion with mayonnaise on a buttery toasted bun.
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup garlic and herb breadcrumbs
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400' On a cutting board or counter top, take each chicken breast and slice in half, creating 2 fillets.
- Add the garlic and herb breadcrumbs, corn flake crumbs and panko in a shallow bowl or a plastic baggie. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add paprika, onion powder, black pepper, greek seasoning, garlic powder, and celery salt. Lightly stir to mix seasonings. Set aside
- Melt the butter and place in a shallow dish and dredge each chicken fillet in the butter than into the breadcrumbs.
- Add olive oil to a baking pan and place each chicken fillet on the pan.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix over each fillet and turn over to season the other side.
- Place pan in oven and bake 25 minutes, turning each fillet over last 5 minutes of baking time.
- NOTE: Keep a check on chicken during baking so it doesn't burn sides.