Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a cross bred cattle that is reared on the plains in Hereford where the pasture conditions are ideal for producing high quality flavoursome meat. It's the ultimate hybrid. Fat in the right places creates beautiful marbling but it's low enough in fat also to produce beautiful quality.
- 4 (175 g) filet of beef
- 8 shallots
- 15 g butter
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 100 g fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 50 ml port wine
- 1 orange, zest of
- 500 ml fresh beef stock
- 30 g tomato puree
- 1 head celeriac, cooked
- 100 ml cream
- salt and pepper
- Rub each of fillets with oil and season.
- Seal the beef for about 2-3 mins each side for medium rare.
- Fry the shallots until soft, add the mushrooms and garlic.
- When soft add tomato puree, cook 3 mins then add port and reduce.
- Add orange zest, thyme and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce by 2/3.
- Just before serving add tablespoon of cold butter then whisk in to sauce.
- Celeriac – simply mash with the cream and seasoning.
- Spoon celeriac between 4 plates, fillet of beef on top.
- Serve sauce spooned over top.