Traditional Filipino method of stir frying steak.
Make and share this Filipino Bistek recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin (we also sometimes leave whole and grill) or 1 1⁄2 lbs porterhouse steaks, cut into 2-inch pieces (we also sometimes leave whole and grill)
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Combine lemon juice, soy sauce, salt and sugar. Pour mixture over beef and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Saute onions in oil until transparent. Transfer to platter.
- Drain beef. Fry in same skillet used to cook onions.
- Pour off excess oil, add marinade and 1/2 cup water. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, scraping off browned bits in skillet. Pour this over meat and onions. Serve with rice.