Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Fijian Chicken Wings recipe from Food.com.
- 16 -20 chicken wings
- for the marinade
- 6 fluid ounces soy sauce
- 6 fluid ounces mirin or 6 fluid ounces sherry wine
- 2 fluid ounces coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 chili peppers
- Rinse chicken wings and palce in a shallow pan.
- Place all the marinade ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour marinade over chicken wings and marinate for 2 hours, turning often.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminium foil.
- Remove chicken wings from marinade, place on lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 to30 minutes, turning 3 or 4 times and basting frequently with the marinade, until cooked through and caramelised.
These were so good! The marinade/sauce is full of flavour. We all loved the salty/sweet heat. Will try this on ribs next time. Do make sure your pan is well-covered with foil. Thanks.