Prep1 hr 30 mins
Make your own version of these tasty cake/cookies
Make and share this Fig Newtons (Homemade) recipe from Food.com.
- Dice figs, soak in water 1 hour.
- Add sugar & cook on medium heat until of thin jam consistency.
- Beat sugar, butter, egg, milk & vanilla until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place 1/2 on well floured dough cloth; knead about 6 times.
- Roll out to 1/4" thick. Line 13 x 9" glass baking dish; cover with figs.
- Roll remaining dough, cover figs. Cook at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares. Depending on the size you cut you can get a couple dozen cookies.