Fresh Fig Clafouti
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb fresh fig, stems trimmed, halved lengthwise (or quartered, if large)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°; generously butter a 10-inch pie plate; sprinkle evenly with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- In a large measuring cup or a bowl with a pouring spout, whisk the milk, cream, eggs, and vanilla together until well blended.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, ¼ cup sugar, and salt; gradually whisk the milk mixture into the flour mixture until fairly smooth.
- Pour the batter through a strainer into the prepared pie plate; pressing down any lumps of flour in the strainer to dissolve them.
- Arrange the figs, cut side up, on top of the batter; dot the surface with the pieces of butter.
- Bake 50-55 minutes until the edges are puffed and golden and cooked in the center.
- Transfer dish to a wire rack; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar while still warm.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!