1/3 Photos of Fig and Gorgonzola Savouries (Thumbprints)
1 hr 33 mins
1 hr 19 mins
Modified recipe by TheRunawaySpoon, on the Food52 blog. These delicate, crumbly little thumbprints are the perfect combination of sweet and savory, as their names suggests -- they're like a great cheese plate all wrapped into one crunchy little morsel. TheRunawaySpoon's simple food processor dough yields tender, buttery coins flecked with blue cheese and black pepper. A good quality fig jam is crucial here; if you can't find it, quince or pear jam would also work well
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Place the flour, butter, Gorgonzola, and a few grinds of black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the dough just comes together and starts to form a ball.
- 3Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times to pull the dough together.
- 4Shape dough into logs, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for an hour in the freezer.
- 5Slice logs into 1/8 inch thick slices, and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 6Using the back or a round half-teaspoon measure, or your knuckle, make an indentation in the top of each dough round. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon fig preserves into each indentation, using your finger to push the preserves as best as possible into the indentations.
- 7Bake the savories for 10 – 14 minutes, until the preserves are bubbling and the pastry is light golden on the bottom.
- 8Let cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes, the remove to a wire rack to cool.
- 9You’ll find fig preserves at the grocery – it may be shelved with the “fancy” jams and jellies. You can make these a day ahead and keep them in two layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fig and Gorgonzola Savouries (Thumbprints)
Serving Size: 1 (19 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 92.7
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 133.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g