Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
For Zaar World Tour. This is a Mexican dish, and is something I would love to try. For the lettuce a leaf or iceberg lettuce will do as well.
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 (1 lb) cantiny beet, drained
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- In a screw-cap jar combine the first four ingredients and shake until sugar has dissolved.
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter. Top with beetes, bananas, oranges, pineapple and avocado to make a pretty platter.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, sprinkle with peanuts, and garnish with lime wedges. Serve immediately.
Wonderful salad; I skipped the limes but otherwise made as directed, except I mixed everything in a huge salad bowl and used mixed salad greens. Thanks for sharing this keeper!
I skipped the sugar in the dressing because the fruit and the beets in the salad will add plenty of sweetness. I think spiced nuts would be good in this to balance out the sweet theme. Wasn't too sure about the bananas and it wasn't until the last few bites that I realized I did like them in this salad. With a few minor changes this would be worth a try again. Reviewed for Veg Tag January.