Recipe by Studentchef
For Zaar World Tour. This is a Mexican dish, and is something I would love to try. For the lettuce a leaf or iceberg lettuce will do as well.
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 (1 lb) cantiny beet, drained
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a screw-cap jar combine the first four ingredients and shake until sugar has dissolved.
- Arrange the lettuce on a platter. Top with beetes, bananas, oranges, pineapple and avocado to make a pretty platter.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, sprinkle with peanuts, and garnish with lime wedges. Serve immediately.