Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
This is a super simple Spanish Rice.
Make and share this Fiesta Rice Medley recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (If I don't have it on-hand I omit this)
- 1 small onion, chopped (I use frozen chopped onions, still frozen)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed (I never thaw)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant rice
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add chopped bell pepper and onion. Cook until tender but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add corn, salsa and chicken broth to the pot. Bring to boil over medium heat, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir rice into pot, cover, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add cheddar to pot. Fluff rice and cheese with a fork.