Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very yummy and easy chicken casserole! I usually cook the chicken in the crockpot with salt and pepper and a can of cream of chicken soup beforehand then it is all shredded and ready to use.
- 5 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (cubed or shredded)
- 7 ounces tomato sauce (El Pato)
- 7 ounces jalapeno salsa (El Pato)
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (shredded)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- salt & pepper
- 13 ounces tortilla chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix chicken with all ingredients, except the tortilla chips.
- Generously grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Crumble the bag of chips.
- Stir 3/4 of the chips into the chicken mixture.
- Spread mixture into baking dish, and sprinkle remaining chips over top.
- Bake for 40 minute.
WE LIKED IT! Second time making it, I made this up ahead for a camping trip this weekend and everyone enjoyed it. I used enchilada sauce in place of the tomato sauce for extra flavor. Please see my rating system as I rate tougher than most.
We felt the same as NewlyWedChef... too dry, salty and oniony for our tastes; a second go-round w/ enchilada sauce helped immensely. Thank you for posting!
Too dry - too many chips and onion for our preference. Doesn't make good leftovers, chips are soggy.