Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you have looked at some of my other recipes, you know I am a lover of comfort food. I noticed the fiesta nacho canned soup one day in the grocery store and started to imagine what dish I could center around the soup. This is the result! Enjoy!
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) canscampbells Fiesta nacho cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded taco blend cheese, divided
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup nacho cheese flavor Doritos, crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the chicken, taco seasoning, water and onion to a skillet. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Drain any excess water.
- Add both cans of cheese soup and milk to a pot. Stir and heat until just boiling.
- Pour rice, cheese mixture, diced tomatoes and chicken mixture into a non-stick baking dish. I used diced tomatoes with jalapenos. I used one slightly smaller than 13 x 9. Add 1 cup of the taco blend and sharp cheddar cheeses and mix well. Top with remaining taco blend and sharp cheddar cheeses.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and soup mixture thickens.
- Garnish top of casserole with crushed Doritos (optional).