Recipe by Experimental.Cooker
According to my brother this recipe takes the "fishy" taste out of fish! The reason I call it "Fiesta" is because if its fun colors. I don't use exact measurements when I cook, so all ingredients are approximate. Feel free to add or subtract wherever you deem necessary. For added flavor, marinate fish in sauce overnight.
Top Review by Susie D
I baked 2- 4oz salmon filets so reduced the recipe by half. I omitted the mint (personal preference), but otherwise followed the recipe. The recipe intro mentions a "sauce", but this is more of a marinade or rub. I found it to be tasty and flavorful on the fish. Thank you for sharing your recipe! Made for Fall 08 Pick A Chef.
- 2 salmon fillets (about 8oz.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried mint, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients except the fillets.
- Pour half of the sauce into a casserole.
- Add the salmon and pour the remainder of the sauce over the fillets.
- Bake in oven for approximately 10 to 15 minutes, or until it is adequately cooked in the middle.