Recipe by *Nabiha*
I had a can of creamed corn that was fast approaching its expiry date. I took this recipe from the 'Pasta Perfect' cookbook and modified it a bit. It took me less than 10 minutes to get the sauce ready and resulted in a very filling lunch.
- 500 g fresh fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) canof creamed sweet corn
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock or 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat, add red pepper and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in sweet corn, stock, chilli sauce, cilantro and black pepper to taste and cook for 2 minutes longer or until sauce is hot.
- Spoon sauce over pasta and toss to combine. Serve immediately.