Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from my 365 One Dish Meals cookbook.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces chicken, cut in 3/4 inch pieces
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- grated parmesan cheese
- Heat butter in a large skillet. Add the chicken; sauté until edges are golden, about 5 minutes. Cut the mushrooms into ¼ inch slices.
- Add to the chicken; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the scallions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and tomatoes; heat to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce is thickened.
- Add the peas, salt and pepper. Heat, stirring, until peas are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the fettuccini in plenty of boiling salted water until al dente, 5-7 minutes. Drain.
- Place the fettuccini in a large serving bowl. Top with chicken and mushroom mixture and toss. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan cheese.
I followed the recipe as it was written. My husband and I thought it was good, but it seemed to lack at little something. Next time I think I will add more garlic. Thanks for sharing.