Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This it so yummy--it is one of the best...
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, the best parmesan cheese you can get, grate it yourself
- chicken breast, if you wish (optional)
- Place the butter in a shallow serving dish over the pot the fettuccini water is heating inches.
- When it is melted add the warm cream, mix gently and stir in about 2/3 of the cheese.
- Remove the serving dish from the pot, cook the fettuccini, drain, and pour immediately into the serving dish.
- Toss well.
- Top with the remaining cheese, and serve immediately.
For us it was a bit too rich with the butter and heavy cream. Maybe not enough parmesan cheese. Next time I'll use half the heavy cream and the remaining half with half and half cream or milk. Thanks Cameronsmommy :) Made for I recommend tag game
This was simple to make and tasted great. I dusted with a little nutmeg at the end which was nice too. Thanks Cameronsmommy for sharing the recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.