Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is delicious and beautiful in presentation! Very quick and easy too. Butter and cream make this delicate spinach sauce rich in flavor.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettucine according to package directions; drain, rinse and drain again.
- Meanwhile, in 10" skillet melt butter; add mushrooms.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender (2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in flour until smooth and bubbly (1 minute).
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except fettucine.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (6 to 8 minutes).
- Serve over fettucine.
This was really really yummy.... We loved it.... I did add 2 tbsp. of flour to make the sauce a little thicker though.... I also forgot to halve my cherry tomatoes, but it was still delicious..... This is a true keeper..... Thanks so much for sharing... Prepared this for Random Review Game.....
This was really yummy. I added some leftover roast ham to make it a main dish and all of us loved it. (Including a six year old boy! He ate spinach!) This was very quick and easy and had a lovely texture. Next time, and there will be many next times, I think I will add some chopped garlic with the mushrooms, use lots of fresh basil, and add a splash of wine right at the end. Thanks for posting such a useful and tasty recipe!
This recipe is a classic example of why I love 'zaar so much. I had spinach; I had cream; I had no ideas for dinner. I saw this recipe and boy did it sound great. I don't do mushrooms, so I used garlic and onion. I cooked 16 oz of penne, and used 3/4 of it. My cherry tomatoes aren't ripe yet, so I chopped larger ones. I used fresh spinach instead of frozen, and loved it. I threw in a small pc of leftover BBQ'd chicken. Pine nuts would have been yummy too. Maybe I could have invented this myself, but not on a brain-dead day like today. I'm glad this recipe was there to give my little family something they loved and devoured until NONE was left.