Recipe by keen5
This is delicious and beautiful in presentation! Very quick and easy too. Butter and cream make this delicate spinach sauce rich in flavor.
Top Review by gertc96
This was really really yummy.... We loved it.... I did add 2 tbsp. of flour to make the sauce a little thicker though.... I also forgot to halve my cherry tomatoes, but it was still delicious..... This is a true keeper..... Thanks so much for sharing... Prepared this for Random Review Game.....
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced 1/4 inch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettucine according to package directions; drain, rinse and drain again.
- Meanwhile, in 10" skillet melt butter; add mushrooms.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender (2 to 3 minutes).
- Stir in flour until smooth and bubbly (1 minute).
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except fettucine.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until heated through (6 to 8 minutes).
- Serve over fettucine.